Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Sabbaticals

Hi all readers,
Today, i will be blogging about my sabbaticals. For this time, sabbaticals was a bit different for me. I have to host buddies from other cluster schools this time. my buddy was zhi en and we are participating in aviation science.
Let me tell you why i chose aviation science for my sabbaticals. Science young, i have facinated by planes like fighter jets and i know that this course will let me learn more about them and even learn the basics of piloting.
On the first day of sabbaticals week, i met my buddy in front of the clock tower and proceeded to start the course. We learnt the the basics of piloting and how a plane works on the first day. we also practise piloting a cessna plane (a plane for beginers) using microsoft flight simulator.
On the second day, we learn about the common mistakes of pilots so that we will avoid them when practising or even in the future. I feel that this type of teaching style is very interesting as we get to learn from both our and other's mistakes.
On the third day of the course, we learned how to pilot a world war two fighter plane, which i think was the most interesting part. although i was not able to control the plane well, i still think that the course had been very beneficial to me.
Today, i learn to build a glider using balsam wood, although my glider was still not working because the glue simply refuses to dry. I tried several times and this taught me the skill determination.
Overall, i think that my sabbaticals is very nice and informative and i would give it a 95/100.
<--i built something similar to this
  • rss
  • Del.icio.us
  • Digg
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Share this on Technorati
  • Post this to Myspace
  • Share this on Blinklist
  • Submit this to DesignFloat

No comments:

Post a Comment